Thursday 17 September 2015

The Channels of YouTube (Part 1)

Within YouTube there are many different channels that supply a certain type of content for their subscribers. Different content appeals to different people so once the YouTuber finds a specific category that they enjoy to film and that the subscribers enjoy to watch, they can focus on making the content as enjoyable as possible.




So what kind of channels can be found on the website?




The Music Channels: These channels can range from a professional musician's official YouTube channel (such as Katy Perry or Kanye West) to a regular teenager's music covers channel. Music is a massive part of YouTube and millions of people across the globe will browse the website for hours on end just to find that one song they heard at the end of some movie they watched the other week. I myself use YouTube almost every day to stream music and I usually find what I want in the form of a lyric video. This is a video someone has posted where they have edited the lyrics of a song onto a video with the song playing in the background. Avid YouTube music listeners will understand how frustrating it can be when you see the new Avicii song pop up in your subscriptions notifications, go to listen to it, then realise that the first 30 seconds of the video is just background noise to do with the music videos story. Very annoying, believe me. I remember a while ago reading a Tumblr post that said 'The people that post lyric videos to YouTube are the backbone of this nation' and I remember thinking to myself that I couldn't agree more.




[More channels in Part 2....]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.