Friday 11 September 2015

My Interest in YouTube

So why do I use YouTube?


I use Youtube for two functions: to supply, and to be supplied. I supply the website with (hopefully) enjoyable content, and in return, I receive the enjoyable content uploaded by somebody else. Its a constant never-ending circle of entertainment from which I will never get bored.




So what sort of things do I do to make my content entertaining? I make short films for YouTube in my spare time. It is a fun and interesting hobby that satisfies my creativity and allows me to do whatever I want in terms of story telling. However when I am in the process of planning a short film, there are a number of factors which I need to consider in order to make it visually appealing for my audience.


For example, if I am filming outside, I need to choose a suitable location. I need to look at the scene I am shooting, think about the atmosphere I am hoping to create in order to help sell the story, and then assess a number of different possible locations. In order to do this I need a basic knowledge of geography. I need to think about if the ground is level enough for the equipment I use and I also need to consider the level of space I will have. If I am filming in a busy environment I need to find out when the busiest times will be and also get a filming permit from whoever manages the complex.
Weather is also a huge factor when choosing a day to film as if it is too rainy then the equipment may get damaged and if it is too windy then the sound will be fuzzy if I am not using a directional microphone.


So all these things greatly influence filming schedules and need to be considered if you are trying to get the best possible result for your YouTube viewers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.